Back to Hellfire FAQ

Having trouble connecting or issues with anything in-game or on the forum please post it here and we will try to help you.
Site Admin
Krystals

Back to Hellfire FAQ

Post#1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Some of these are from the original Back to Hellfire website which you can visit by going here:

http://bth.d2mods.info/

Others have been added by Krystals and Ashmund.

This page deals with various questions that are asked repeatedly and their answers deserve the public attention. If you have a question and you don't see the answer to it here, feel free to post and ask.

Q: I'm playing the mod, but I get no skill points on level-up?

A: This is how it is supposed to work. Skills in Back to Hellfire are learned via books, and there are no skill points available anywhere in the game.

Q: I'm playing a Blood Wizard, but I get no stat points on level-up and have 1 strength, dexterity and energy?

A1: The 5 stat points are automatically assigned to Vitality on level-up, as the Blood Wizard is not able to increase his Strength, Dexterity or Energy. I'm just saving you the effort of clicking 5 times each time you level-up,

A2: The Blood Wizard is a unique class. They can't wear most armors/weaps in the game, and they also use their health pool to cast spells.

Q: I can't find the Jail in Act 2?

A: The Jail isn't located under the Festering Nest, contrary to what you might think, so don't go looking for the entrance in Festering Nest Level 3. Go to town instead, and find the Jail building with the guard in front of it. It's located just across the street from the waypoint. This is where you enter the Jail.

Q: I hired a Desert Mercenary, but there are no spears/polearms in the mod?

A: The Desert Mercenaries fight with staves.

Q: I have killed Baal, but the quest doesn't solve?

A: It's a known bug, but it won't prevent you from proceeding. If you want the Personalize reward that badly, then come back and kill Baal again after you've completed the Lachdanan quest.

Q: I have killed Diablo, Tyrael came down, but he didn't open the portal to end the game?

A: Again, a known bug. But there is a way to move on to the next difficulty. When you kill Diablo, talk to Tyrael, then save and exit, then create a new character, after creating the new character you should be able to go back to your original character and create games of the next difficulty.

Q : Why do some class icons not match how they look?

A : When this patch was created, online multiplayer was not a vision Onyx(mod creator) had

Q : Why are there weird strings in the b.net lobby?

A : This patch was not designed for online play, so the creator figured nobody would need to see those text errors.

Q : Can we play classic?

A : No.

Q : Can we play Hardcore?

A : Yes, but if i were you, i would learn how to play the mod first.

Q : Cain says he will charge me to idenify items, but he doesn't

A : He was suppose to, however due to issues with the server it isnt a possibility.

Q : Who created this wonderful mod?

A : He goes by Onyx

If I or ashmund think of anything else we will post it here. if you have a question feel free to ask.

Retired Staff
Ashmund

Re: Questions? I have answers.

Post#2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Q: Where can I find a list of the runewords on this patch?

A: The creator of the mod, Onyx, wanted people to find out the runewords for themselves, meaning there's no official runeword list with rune combinations or runeword stats.

Krystals has provided some information here that shows you the combination of some runewords, some things to note are that all runewords follow the English language. (For example there's a FOR-GE, RA-RE, and NE-ON runeword)

Also all runewords have been said to work in all armor/weapon types (as long as they're normal item quality and have the correct amount of sockets.)

Of course some testing will be required, I ask anyone who finds a runeword and it's stats share it with others so we can compile a runeword list for everyone to use.

Retired Staff
Ashmund

Re: Back to Hellfire FAQ

Post#3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Changed this topic to "Global" so it would be easier found and at the top of the "recent posts" list.

pappyreal

Post#4 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:03 pm

HELP ME !!!
Im Act 3 on Demon Crypts lvl 5
i'm stuck i don't know where to go further .. :( :( :(

Retired Staff
Ashmund

Post#5 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 am

pappyreal wrote:HELP ME !!!
Im Act 3 on Demon Crypts lvl 5
i'm stuck i don't know where to go further .. :( :( :(

You need to go back, there's another way to go, I can't remember 100% correctly but there's a level that splits in two directions, one goes to the Demon Crypts and the other to the area you want.

pappyreal

Post#6 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 pm

i really don't kndow how to pass if someone nows pls post here thx

Return to “Trouble Shooting”